October 3 Is on a Wednesday and Wearing Pink Isn't the Only Way to Celebrate It!
by Maria Romero, September 27, 2018 5:47pm
Art by Dani Elevazo.
October 3 (aka Mean Girls' Day) is going to fall on a Wednesday this year! And y’all know the drill: On Wednesdays we wear pink! Wear any other color and *cue in Gretchen’s voice* you can’t sit with us.
This hallowed day has become that special time of the year when fans dominate the social media to pay tribute and remember the significant scene in the film when Cady (played by Lindsay Lohan) answered the most momentous and vital question by her crush Aaron (played by Jonathan Bennett).
As the “Mean Girls” devotee we all are, we know you are too excited to channel your inner “It girl” ala Regina George (played by Rachel McAdams). So we made you a list of all the things you can do to make Wednesday a little extra:
- Gather your friends and bake a cake with rainbows and smiles so everyone can eat it and be happy.
- Just for laughs, go to school or office wearing something of your moms from the 90s.
- Go to a salon, blow out your hair and make it big because “it’s full of secrets”.
- Send candy cranes to your BFFs because why not?
- Twin up with your beshies and (try to) dance jingle bell rock sexily. Or if you’re not in for shakin’ that thang, rap up to the sounds of Kevin G.
- “You wanna do something fun? Wanna go to Taco Bell?” There’s a near Taco Bell in Gateway Mall, TriNoma, and Alabang Town Center.
- Eat as many carbs as you want because “the limit does not exist”. (FYI, Butter is, in actual fact, not a carb)
- If you're feeling a little under the weather, eat your lunch in the bathroom so you’d know how it feels to be like Cady.
- Summon the inner Gretchen in you and wear white gold hoop earrings and “pretend you didn’t even like them”.
- You may cap off your day by binge-watching Danny DeVito movies because “you love his work”.
- Lastly, be nice to people. Compliment them. Got new shoes? So fetch! Got promoted? 100% fetch! This is the day to make fetch happen (even if Regina wouldn’t allow it).
And if these weren’t enough, you can also listen to Reese Lansangan’s “On Wednesday We Wear Pink”, a homage to this untouchable movie.
Since this movie aired in 2004, our lives were never the same. In fact, our daily life situations became more bearable because it's always easier to quote an iconic line from the film just to poke some fun.
Got any other creative way to celebrate the “Mean Girls” day? Share it with us using the #InsideManila. And see y’all at the lunch table! But... beware the plastics!