The search for the next ‘Automobile of the Year’ begins

Jace Amodo
PUBLISHED July 19, 2018 01:36 pm
Inside Manila File Photo

(Inside Manila) Auto Focus People’s Choice Awards (AFPCA), an annual search for the most popular vehicles from local automobile manufacturers and importers, is set to return this year, and if the previous ceremonies were any indication, it’ll be yet another time for the organizers to go knee-deep in paperwork. For its 14th staging, things will change.


With the so-called “top-of-mind” principle, voting will be made easier. Top-of-mind awareness and immediate preferences are keys to consider a car model’s popularity. Realizing just that is the use of online polls, where voters can pick up to five nominees for the Automobile of the Year daily.


Precisely speaking, poll results will equate to 80% of the total rating, while the actual unit sales, as determined by the Land Transportation Office (LTO), will be responsible for the remaining 20%. Ultimately, this new process takes into account the preferences of the Filipino driving community and cannot be more accessible.


Alongside AFPCA is the Auto Focus Media’s Choice Awards (AFMCA). Its mission is to acknowledge the automobile industry’s continuing efforts to offer car buyers and owners the best possible products and to honor the models that demonstrate the top features, value, and performance. The AFMCA categories are Design, Engine Performance, Safety Features and Value-for-Money for each of the 12 Standard and 10 Premium or Luxury model categories.


However, the highest vote doesn’t guarantee a win. A model must exceed 50% of the total media votes within a specific model or award category, so if no model meets the criteria, no model wins—a factor that gives more layer to what is already a valuable AFMCA award.


Voting for this year’s Automobile of the Year starts on June 22 through the voting website.




For more information, visit Auto Focus on Facebook.

RELATED ARTICLE

No content available

.