It’s official: Samsung will release Galaxy S9 and S9+ next month

Darryl Esguerra
PUBLISHED January 12, 2018 11:00 am
Samsung Stock Image

(Inside Manila) Samsung Electronics confirmed the release of its flagship Galaxy S9 and S9+ next month to follow up the huge successes of S8 and S8+ last year, a ZDnet report said.


The report says DJ Koh, president of Samsung's mobile business, made the announcement at a press conference during the CES trade show in Las Vegas. This validated the earlier reports suggesting that the Korean tech giant would show off the Galaxy S9 and the larger Galaxy S9+ at CES at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next month.


The Samsung executive has also confirmed that S9 sales will start kicking off in March 2018.


The phone isn’t expected to veer away from last year’s Galaxy S8 specs, which featured a drastic redesign and was generally well-received by critics and consumers alike.


Reports said Samsung's Galaxy S9 will likely be the first smartphone from the company to offer 512GB storage.

RELATED ARTICLE

FYI

What is happening to local news websites?

(Inside Manila) In a time when the fake news is rampant, people ought to be more observant on their sources and the practice of freedom of information itself, and show support to those that prove deserving.